Our September 2016 webinar had over 650 registrations from around the globe. This was our seventh webinar as part of our Digital Insurance in Action series, sponsored by KPMG. If you missed it, you can listen to the recording below.
View the slides here . View the Digital Insurer’s blockchain primer here
We had 4 excellent speakers on our global panel of insurance professionals to discuss the insurance blockchain :
- Collin Thompson, Co-founder & Managing Director from Intrepid Ventures explained the blockchain basics.
- Steffen Schade, Group Head of Digital Platforms from AIA spoke about blockchain from an insurer’s perspective.
- Connie Leung, Senior Financial Services Industry Director from Microsoft gave her view on blockchain technology for insurance.
- David Edwards, Founder and Product Lead from ChainThat explored the opportunities for blockchain in commercial line risks (including a demo).
The webinar concluded with a snap poll to participants who were asked the following question:
Which of the following use cases for Blockchain do you find most compelling?
The results were quite clear with the majority of respondents (45 per cent) believing that smart contracts that speed up claims settlement/maturities is the most compelling use case.
- The majority of respondents (45 per cent) believe that smart contracts that speed up claims settlement/maturities is the most compelling use case
- Almost a quarter of respondents (23 percent) voted that Government or consortium led Blockchain initiatives to make KYC a one time process is the most compelling use case
- Managing health care provision was the least compelling use case
Our next webinar will be on 2nd November and will be on the theme of “Data & Analytics” – register now
Come to The Digital Insurer Conference in Hong Kong , or attend virtually, – more info
You can also access and listen to all of our webinars that we have held to date here.