The Digital Insurer update – April 2020 – insurance in an increasingly digital world
In this Quarterly video update, Hugh Terry looks forward and addresses how The Digital insurer will be helping individuals, insurers and tech companies to accelerate the digital transformation of insurance. The video is 15 minutes long and if you don’t have time for that we have a written summary of key plans below the video!
The Digital insurer plans and activities for the next few months are summarised below
- Content always free for personal members – we remain and will remain, free to sign-up with access to as much content on digital insurance as possible at no cost.
- Increased InsurTech digital marketing support – all InsurTechs get a free listing on our InsurTech Directory and we have more than 3,000 on what is unquestionably now the world’s largest freely accessible InsurTech database. To help InsurTechs get more digital coverage we are introducing quarterly payment options to help with cash flow. We have also reviewed and updated our InsurTech services to more clearly articulate how we can help InsurTechs, both big and small, with their digital marketing and business development. More info is available here.
- Commitment to inclusive Awards – We have run awards since 2016 for digital insurance. The 2020 TDI InsurTech awards in partnership with InsureTech Connect, originally planned as an online to offline event – will now be held fully online on June 2nd – register here for the online event at no cost.
- Larger and more diversified webinar & virtual event programme – we are accelerating our well established “free to register” webinars with long-term partners such as Swiss Re and KPMG and also extending to include new industry partners, including industry associations, as well as Tech companies and wider coverage across the world. The aim is to provide more access to digital insurance knowledge online, as well as provide companies with opportunities to raise awareness of their products and services with our members. Partnership and digital innovation need to continue!
- Acceleration of the 100% virtual TDI Academy – Our first learning programme, Associate Digital Insurer [ADI] launched in January with the support of our Corporate member, has landed very well with an NPS rating of “excellent” and, in response to the current pandemic, we have accelerated our plans for shorter courses, including an executive leadership & coaching programme [EDI] and Certificate in Digital Insurance [CDI]. More information on the programmes now available can be found here.
- New content formats – We have introduced a Point of View (PoV) whitepaper format to allow TDI or one of our partners to present a thought-provoking perspective on a topic around digital insurance. Check out the latest TDI PoV that the digital tipping is approaching insurers faster than expected. We have also revamped our regular Digital In Action series to do more in-depth analysis – this one on Shift Technologies is the format we will follow going forward.
- Even more value for our Corporate Members – Our Corporate Members have been our bedrock of support and get significant value from privileged access to content, bespoke services and discounts on TDI Academy programmes. We will be adding even more value to Corporate Members soon, with a monthly TDI Academy webinar streamed live to all Corporate Members, focusing on one lesson each time from the ADI programme. There will be no additional cost for participation. And we haven’t forgotten our personal members as they will get access to a snippet from the lesson each month as well. Information on the first in this TDI Accelerators series can be found here.
- Radical home page redesign – Last but not least we have plans in progress for a long-overdue shakeup on the site as soon as we can pause for breath. So watch this space!
TDI has been built off the back of constant innovation, superb industry support and listening to our members. So please let us know how we can further support you through what are very difficult times whilst at the same time we hope everyone continues to support TDI and our common purpose. We have always believed in working together, it is right there in our purpose statement, and now is the time for us all to “double down” on digital insurance.