In this TDI Talks! Simon Phipps, Founder, TDI, and Lukas Oehler, Product Manager, Zurich Insurance, speak with Christoph Mussenbrock, CEO & Founder, Etherisc.
Christoph Mussenbrock discusses, among other things (see timestamps in the video below):
- The progress Etherisc has made in recent years against the backdrop of wider developments in blockchain
- Why does insurance need a decentralised insurance protocol?
- What are the best arguments for putting insurance products on the blockchain?
- What has Etherisc learnt from the process of building and maintaining parametric, smart contract insurance products?
- How does Etherisc use reinsurance to cover extended risk?
- What payment options does Etherisc offer?
- What are the main regulatory challenges for Etherisc?
- What can we expect from Etherisc going forward in terms of product lines and geographies?
Etherisc’s mission is to build decentralised insurance applications, making the purchase and sale of insurance more efficient, enabling lower operational costs, increase transparency of insurance compared to traditional operations, and democratise access to reinsurance investments.
For more on Etherisc, view the TDI InsurTech Analysis research deck here.