TDI Academy General Terms & Conditions
These General Terms and Conditions “T&Cs” apply to all Purchasers of The Digital Insurer’s Academy services
(1) the “Purchaser” as specified in the Confirmation Order Form (relevant for Corporate and/or multiple purchases) or for an individual purchase, the name that appears on any issued invoice; and
(2) The Digital Insurer Pte Ltd (“the Digital Insurer” or “tdi”), a company incorporated under the laws of Singapore (the “Service Provider”).
(3) ADI – Associate of Digital Insurance, one of TDI Academy’s learning Programmes
(4) CDI – Certificate in Digital Insurance, one of TDI Academy’s learning Programmes
1.1 The Purchaser shall engage the Service Provider to, and the Service Provider shall, during the Term provide the services as set out in the Appendix (“Services and Fees”).
1.2 All Services shall be provided in a professional manner by the Service Provider who shall at all times observe the ethical and legal standards applicable to its activities, including without limitation conflict of interest rules.
1.3 Nothing in these T&Cs is intended to or shall operate to create a partnership or joint venture of any kind between the Parties, and save as otherwise set out in these T&Cs, no Party is authorised to act as agent for the other and no Party shall have authority to act in the name of or on behalf of or otherwise to bind the other in any way (including but not limited to the making of any representation or warranty, the assumption of any obligation or liability, and the exercise of any right or power).
2. FEES & EXPENSES
In consideration of the Services provided by the Service Provider, the Purchaser shall pay the fees and expenses of providing the Services to the Service Provider as stipulated in the Appendix (the “Services and Fees”) and in the Confirmation Order Form (relevant for Corporate and/or multiple purchases) or any issued invoice.
3. WARRANTIES AND INDEMNITIES
3.1 Either Party shall comply with all laws, regulations, codes and guidelines applicable to such Party and shall, where necessary, co-operate with the other Party in good faith and make reasonable efforts to facilitate the other Party in complying with the same.
3.2 Either Party represents, warrants and undertakes to the other Party that it has the legal right, power and capacity to enter into and perform this under these T&Cs and that all licenses, consents, authorizations, confirmations, certificates and approvals necessary for the due establishment of its business and performance of these T&Cs have been properly obtained and are in full force and effect.
3.3 Either Party shall indemnify and keep the other Party indemnified against all claims, demands, losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including but not limited to legal costs) which the other Party may suffer or incur as a result of a breach of any of its obligations under these T&Cs.
4. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
4.1 No Party shall be liable to the other Party in any event for any loss of profits, business, contracts, anticipated savings, goodwill, revenue or any other indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever arising under or in relation to these T&Cs.
4.2 Either Party’s total aggregate liability to the other Party for any loss or damage based on contract or tort or negligence or statutory liability arising out of or in connection with these T&Cs shall not exceed an amount which is the total fee for the course payable by the Purchaser as outlined in the Confirmation Order Form or any issued invoice.
4.3 Notwithstanding any provision of these T&Cs to the contrary, neither Party excludes or limits its liability to the other for (a) death or personal injury caused by its negligence or (b) fraud and fraudulent misrepresentation or (c) any other liability which may not be excluded by law.
5. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
5.1 At all times, the Service Provider remains the owner of the intellectual property of course content and materials that it has produced. No such course content or material may be reproduced, stored or retrieved in any form or by any means by any course participant without prior written permission from the Service Provider.
5.2 Access to course materials is provided to specific course participants and login ID’s cannot be shared. Participants sharing ID’s will be terminated from the programmes for breach of contract and no refunds will be payable.
6. THIRD PARTY INFORMATION AND CONTENT
6.1 Through the Services, all participants will have the ability to access and/or use content provided by instructors and/or other third parties and links to websites and services maintained by third parties.
6.2 The Service Provider cannot guarantee that such third-party content, in the Services or elsewhere, will be free of malware or other contaminants that may harm your computer, mobile device, or any files therein.
6.3 The Service Provider disclaims any responsibility or liability related to the access or use of such third-party content.
7. DATA PROTECTION AND PRIVACY
8. MODIFICATIONS TO THE COURSE
From time to time, the Service Provider may make modifications and enhancements to the course programme, curriculum, content and its mentors. The Service Provider agrees to communicate these changes to participants in a timely manner.
9. TECHNICAL SUPPORT AND ACCESS
9.1 If any course participant is unable to access the course, the Service Provider will use reasonable endeavours to provide a solution where the Service Provider has direct control over the system, software or settings involved. If the issue lies with the participant’s hardware, systems, software or settings thereof, the Service Provider may, in its discretion, provide assistance to the participant to help resolve the issue but cannot guarantee that any assistance provided will resolve the issue.
9.2 Periods of downtime may be required in respect of the information technology infrastructure connected to the course website and that technical assistance may not be available during such periods of downtime. The Purchaser will not have a claim for breach of contract or otherwise in respect of such period of unavailability.
9.3 The Service Provider will use reasonable endeavours to make the course available but cannot guarantee uninterrupted, timely or error free availability or that defects will be corrected. The Service Provider reserves the right to suspend access to the course website for the purpose of scheduled or emergency maintenance, repairs or upgrades to improve the performance or functionality of the course website.
Appendix – TDI Academy Services and fees
The services and fees are as set out below:
1 Programme Details
- For ADI, The Programme commencement and completion dates are as outlined in the Confirmation Order Form
- For CDI, Programme access will be provided on the date indicated in the invoice and will continue for 12 months
- Programme participant(s) and their confirmed names, location and entity are as supplied by the Purchaser
- For ADI, Any customisation or special requirements are as outlined in the Confirmation Order Form
- For ADI, assignments may be retaken as outlined in the Confirmation Order Form
- Ongoing access to the CDI programme after 12 months is available upon payment of the annual Academy membership fee which is US$250 per annum (valid up to 31st December 2021). This will provide alumni and students access to the latest CDI programme
2. Fees and expenses
- Fees and expenses for the specified order quantity are as outlined in the Confirmation Order Form or issued invoice
- No refunds or extensions for unused courses will be permitted
- No cancellations are permitted once the Confirmation Order Form has been signed or once an invoice has been paid
- Full payment to be made within 14 days of invoicing, unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Purchaser and TDI
3. Programme content and access
- The description of the Programme curriculum and content will be set out in information already received by the Purchaser and will be shared with confirmed participants in advance of the course commencing
- Except as set out in the description of the course on the website and/or in any relevant brochure or other material, no additional course materials and/or tuition will be provided by TDI
- Confirmed Programme participants will be notified of when they will have access to the Programme and for the length of time such access will be made available