Article Synopsis :
Mass coverage of public health insurance is one of the key accomplishments of China’s healthcare reform, but there is a huge gap between the need for healthcare services and the delivery capability of public health insurance system. Inadequacies of public health insurance structure are raising concerns about the sustainability of the social benefits system. The Chinese government acknowledges the need of thriving private insurance players who will address diverse customer needs in the health insurance market.
An in-depth study conducted by Alexander Ng, MD, MPH, an associate partner in McKinsey’s Hong Kong office provides analysis and viewpoints that will help private insurers in realizing business value in the Chinese healthcare insurance market.
Opportunities identified in the report include:
– Influencing the shape of reforms
– Building quality provider networks
– Better use of medical data
– Exploring new distribution strategies
– Leveraging adjacent services to build unique offerings e.g. wellness
Link to Full Article:: click here
Digital Insurer's CommentsDigital thinking can help transform the opportunities for private health insurance in China. Examples include:
1. Use of Tablet POS toolkits to educate customers, identify needs and efficiently execute those needs
2. Construction of digital platforms for efficient renewal of health policies
3. Analysis of medical data to improve pricing and claims processes
4. Reinvention of the claims process using mobile technology
Link to Source:: click here