Navigating the Digital Transformation Landscape – WSO2
Article Synopsis :
Digital transformation is an inherently technical exercise, which doesn’t necessarily mean organizations can rely on their existing technology teams to achieve it. The eBook “Navigating the Digital Transformation Landscape” from open-source technology provider WSO2 reviews all the relevant cultural factors, technology requirements, and proven strategies for driving an effective digital transformation initiative. The eBook is organized in five parts:
1. The global shift toward digital businesses: Digital-native businesses are introducing all sorts of new digital products, services and business models reshaping traditional industries. Digital is ultimately a major engine for revenue growth – a Gartner survey cited in this report says CEOs expect digital revenues to grow, on average, 80% by 2020. Organizations must own a strong digital transformation strategy to win.
2. Business drivers for digital transformation initiatives: New digital business models, analytics and a technology-enabled workforce are all major factors. Successful digital transformation requires good IT infrastructure, talent and work culture.
3. Technology enablers for digital transformation: APIs, integration, security, AI, analytics, mobile and IoT are all discussed in detail. Integrating cloud technology, open source licensing, and the implementation of business service platforms is vital to success.
4. Embracing a digital transformation culture: Requires organizations to follow these steps:
- Closely align IT with the business
- Democratize IT strategy
- Open-source internal applications
- Prioritize around focused solutions
- Embrace failure
- Be dispassionately passionate
- Step back from total control
5. Five ways to embark on your digital transformation journey:
- Create a staged road map with clear milestones.
- Cultivate the right team with the right mindset.
- Work closely with partners and technology vendors.
- Popularize Proof-of-Concepts to demonstrate early success
- Use small groups to induce innovation – ‘Delivering big ideas with small teams.’
Ultimately, says this report, it comes down to teams—the right people with the right skills and motivation. Sorting this out is made easier with the following framework:
Link to Full Article:: click here
Digital Insurer's CommentsDigital transformation is less about transforming technology than it is transforming the organization, enabling—even energizing—the business with new technologies that are a joy to use.
Companies embarking on successful transformation journeys come out the other end seeing themselves more as technology companies. They feel younger, leaner, faster, smarter. This eBook is excellent on the specific detail of digital transformation, hitting the right notes helping you chalk out a digital transformation plan geared to acquiring the right mix of talent and making winning technology choices.
Link to Source:: click here