The Digital Insurer is looking for News Correspondents
Are you interested in Digital Insurance? Do you want to contribute to the transformation of our industry whilst improving your profile as a Digital Insurance expert? If so, become a News Correspondent at The Digital Insurer.
We are looking for country level News Correspondents to help us support the growth of our “News” services as we grow The Digital Insurer globally. The recent launch of our Newswire service will be pivotal to this growth, alongside the development of our existing content.
- Become a News Correspondent in your chosen market
- Submit news articles on digital insurance in the form of third party links, snippets and your own articles (if you want to)
- Become the go to person for The Digital Insurer in your market
The Benefits To You
- Improve your profile and become known as a Digital Insurer expert in your market
- Your posts will be attributed directly to you
- Write guest articles that will be promoted to our community (you have the opportunity to do 1 per year – subject to editorial review and acceptance)
- Association with The Digital Insurer brand and access to its platform and core capabilities
- Become part of the core and inclusive team at The Digital Insurer and collaborate with people fully committed to the transformation of the insurance industry
- Over time as we grow we will deliver more benefits and opportunities to you
- You can post your involvement with The Digital Insurer in your resume and LinkedIn profile
You will be part of a modern, virtual business with an international team and the role is digitally-based so can be done anywhere and at any time.
1. How much time commitment is required?
– There is no minimum time commitment, it is up to you how much time you commit. It could range from a couple of hours a month upwards
2. Is there a minimum commitment for submission of information?
– We would expect 5 relevant third party links per month and at least 2 “snippets” (which is information on new Insurance innovation in your chosen market) . You could submit this once a month or as you identify the info (better). View an example snippet here and more examples in our Digital Insurance in Action section
3. Are there any conflicts with my existing job?
– No, our news correspondents are not expected to disclose any commercial information from their employer
4. Is the role exclusive to me in a single market?
– No, we will likely appoint more than 1 news correspondent – especially in larger countries
5. Is the role paid?
– No, it is a volunteer role designed to attract people who are interested in transforming insurance through digital thinking. However, there may be opportunities, where appropriate, to earn fees for supporting other research and advisory roles from The Digital Insurer
6. Are there any reporting lines?
There are no formal reporting lines, but you would liaise closely with The Digital Insurer’s Global Content & Client Director, Malini Thakerar, when submitting your content.
How to apply:
If you think this is an interesting additional role for you, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and/or a link to your LinkedIn profile.
About The Digital Insurer
The Digital Insurer is an online forum for professionals who are interested in digital insurance around the world. Our aim is to inform and educate on the topic of digital insurance and to help insurance leaders and their organisations generate superior enterprise value through digital thinking. The Digital Insurer provides a community where digital insurance topics can be aired and discussed.
Hugh Terry founded The Digital Insurer in 2012 as a personal blog and it has evolved into a global professional community on digital insurance supported by a dedicated staff, guest authors and an engaged membership who is passionate about the use of digital thinking and technology to transform the insurance industry.
Today we have over 10,000 members and 5,000 people who have joined our LinkedIn Group to keep up-to-date on all the latest information on digital insurance. We regularly connect with our members and provide them with the latest content and updates direct to their inbox, on LinkedIn as well as Twitter.
Our objective is to produce, curate and pass on high quality content on digital insurance to our community. We can only do this with the support of our sponsors who also share similar objectives.