Insurance Through the Eyes of the Customer webinar recording – Poll suggests that majority would go online for price discovery and then purchase term insurance online
Our June 2016 webinar had over 400 registrations from around the globe. This was our sixth webinar as part of our Digital Insurance in Action series, sponsored by KPMG. If you missed it, you can listen to the recording below.
View the slides here
We had 3 excellent speakers on our global panel of insurance professionals to discuss insurance through the eyes of the customer :
- James Harding, Operations Director from 360Globalnet gave us an overview of how technology can redefine the customer experience on digital claims.
- Dr Onn Keet Peng, President Director from PT. Aegon Marketing Services Indonesia gave his view on using analytics to understand the customer.
- Michael Mang, Head of Marketing & Business Development, APAC & MENA, Alibaba spoke about the customer experience in Alibaba
The webinar concluded with a snap poll to participants who were asked the following question:
Stand back and become a customer. Which of the following methods of purchasing term life insurance is the one that you would personally choose?
The results were rather striking and perhaps a little surprising – the opposite to the current purchasing habits for term life insurance of the vast majority of customers in Asia.
- The majority of respondents (62 per cent) would go online for price discovery and then purchase online, so a fully online end to end experience. Perhaps the results were a little skewed given our highly digital audience!
- Face-to-face purchasing via an agent or broker scored the lowest with just 6 percent and 4 per cent respectively of respondents selecting this option.
- The online to offline model received the second highest votes, but still a relatively low vote at 20 percent
Our next webinar will be in September and will be on the theme of “Blockchain” – we will be confirming details soon.
You can also access and listen to all of our webinars that we have held to date here.