The Digital Insurer @ Asian Insurance Congress – September 18 2014 Singapore
The Digital Insurer is looking forward to chairing the panel discussion “Creating the winning formulae for insurers in ASEAN”. The panel members are:
– Cyrus Daruwala, Managing Director, IDC Financial Insights
– Andrew Dart, Insurance Industry Strategist – Asia, Middle East & Africa (AMEA), CSC
– Oscar Carrillo, Chief Operating Officer, Zurich Life Singapore
All have exceptionally strong backgrounds in technology in the Asia Pacific region so we can expect a lively informed discussion on technology trends and opportunities.
Conference Theme & format
IDC Financial Insights frame the theme of the conference as follows :
“The Asian insurance industry has typically been associated with being conventional, conservative and slower to embrace change and transformation. While being overtly cautious and risk-adverse may have succeeded in the past, this will not serve insurers given present day dynamics as organizations are presented with challenges ranging from:
- Increasingly complex markets; to
- Hyper-competition and emergence of niche players;
- Compressed margins and volatile underwriting results;
- The need to overhaul archaic systems and legacy operating environments;
- Intensified consumer requirements for personalized products and services and 24x7x365 omni-channel distribution touch points; and
- The introduction of disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, mobile applications, and social media.
These are driving insurance market leaders to snap out from years of conventionalism and inertia to future-proof operations.”
Further information and registration
The conference is a popular one – and registration is free and can be done on-line.
More than 150 people attended the congress in 2013.