Empowering Agents to Employ Digital – Accenture Report
Article Synopsis :
Today’s digital world comprises of many delivery channels, interconnected devices and data streams distributed throughout the enterprise. Empowering agents to deal with the digital stream of data is the way forward for insurers who are trying to deliver a superior customer experience.
Accenture, in the report titled “Empowering Agents to Employ Digital as a Competitive Weapon”, highlights how carriers can sustain, and even extend, this advantage for high performance if they take action to fully enable their agents to compete in an increasingly digital world. Key points discussed in the report are:
- Consumer trends point the agency channel towards a digital future
- Reasons for agents and insurers to take notice
- Agents can exploit digital for competitive advantage
- Agents of the future will be customer centered, digitally smart
- Insurers need to provide agents with the tools to thrive in a digital world
- Attract, hire, train and retain digital savvy agents
- Bring the strength of scale to agents’ digital presence
- Organise around a customers’ preference for “one conversation” across multiple channels
- Empower agents to deliver a “local” personalised experience online
- Digital offers a path to growth and profitability for both agents and carriers
- Start the agent transition to digital now
Digital Insurer's CommentsEmbracing digitisation is the most important step to move forward. The toughest challenge facing insurers will be to make decisions on logistics and training requirements for agents.
Digitisation is the transition process and less agile organisations need to set up training for teams with clear timelines.
Link to Source:: click here