Article Synopsis :
Digitisation has given birth to hybrid customers and valuable data is being generated at each digital touch point. With the help of Predictive analytics tools this data can be intercepted and analysed for sustainable competitive advantage.Insurers can develop a comprehensive 360 degree profile of the customer and utilize analytics to gain deeper insight.
As data is at the heart of predictive analytics it’s logical to identify the various data sources. On page 12 of his report “Predicting success: Driving Increased Customer Value with Advanced Analytics”, Colin Shearer from IBM outlines the data sources from various customer interactions. As per report the data sources which should act as the basis of analytics for 360 degree customer view are:
1. Interaction data – E-Mail / chat transcripts, Call Center notes, Web Click-streams, In person dialogues
2. Attitudinal data – Opinions, Preferences, Needs & Desires
3. Descriptive data – Attributes, Characteristics, Self-declared info, (Geo) demographics
4. Behavioural data – Orders, Transactions, Payment history, Usage history
On page 17, the author also details the important barriers to adoption of predictive analytics by organizations i.e.
2. Dependence on IT
3. Need for Analytical Expertise
4. Time to value
The report focuses on the power of analytics to attract and retain more of the right type of customers that will drive profits to the business
Link to Full Article:: click here
Link to Source:: click here