Direct & digital life webinar recording – Poll suggests that a digital front-end model will be the most popular in Asia
Our first webinar for 2016 had over 190 attendees from around the globe. This was our fourth webinar as part of our Digital Insurance in Action series, sponsored by KPMG. If you missed it, you can listen to the recording below.
We had 4 excellent speakers on our global panel of direct life insurance experts from the 3 largest countries in Asia – China, India and Indonesia.
- Emma Royall, Group Director, Digital Marketing from FWD gave us an overview of direct life insurance in FWD.
- David Cook, Direct, Head of Distribution Solutions, L&H Asia from Swiss Re gave a reinsurance perspective.
- Erick Qin, Digital Life Insurance Expert, China Life talked about digital life insurance in China.
- KS Gopalakrishnan, CEO from Aegon Life explained digital life insurance in India.
The webinar concluded with a snap poll to participants who were asked the following question:
Which of the following digital life insurance business models do you think will become the most popular in Asia?
As you can see from the chart below:
- Over a quarter of respondents believe that the most popular models in Asia will be digital front-end models providing a flow of business to a full time digitally enabled sales force, suggesting that the personalised, face-to-face model still has longevity
- A further quarter thought that it was “too early to tell”, a clear indication perhaps that innovation and change are required but there is no clear “winning” model in sight
- Interestingly, what could be deemed as the most “digitally advanced” model, differentiated online propositions e.g. multi channel with rewards and wearables/IoT, received the least amount of votes (13%)
Our next webinar will be in April and will be on the theme of digital and direct non-life insurance in Asia – we will be confirming details soon.
In the mean time, you can view the replay of the direct life webinar here.
You can also access and listen to all of our webinars that we have held to date here.