The Digital Insurer’s website has been re-launched with the support of Swiss Re
Our sponsor helps to deliver more and better content to our subscribers. Find out how your company can sponsor us
Share with your colleagues
If you enjoy The Digital Insurer please share this digest with your colleagues and they can also sign up for future editions (membership is free)
Share it! on our share it bar on the left
How to login?
Login ID: your registered email address
To reset your password click here
A message from our launch sponsor
Head of Life & Health Asia, Swiss Re
The Digital Insurer is a website and forum dedicated to providing insurance professionals with information and informed opinion on how developments in technology when combined with strategic insights are creating opportunities for new insurance business models.
As the pace of technology continues to accelerate we are seeing how insurers are starting to use mobility, digital marketing and data analytics to update existing business models as well as create exciting new business models.
Swiss Re is pleased to be associated with The Digital Insurer and the launch of this new website.
Consumer preferences and buying behaviour is fast changing and Swiss Re sees potential for the insurance industry to embrace innovation and the use of technology to connect and remain relevant with consumers both today and into the future.
What’s new @ The Digital Insurer
With new sponsorship we have been able to make a significant number of changes and additions to the website and supporting infrastructure. The highlights:
- Digital Insurance Library: We are aiming to be the “go to” site for knowledge in digital insurance and have started to collate and comment on a great set of reports on the subject. We will issue 9 articles each month in a newsletter released on our LinkedIn group and our website. View the library
- Popular Articles: We have dedicated an area for the most popular articles. Review the most popular articles
- Q&A videos: We have been experimenting with video. See if you like the Q&A video section
- Sponsors profile: We have introduced sponsors’ profiles and discreet use of sponsors’ logos throughout the site. Find out more about our sponsors
- Search function: This is at the top of the page and gives you a powerful way to search all of the content on the site. This will be more and more important as our content is set to accelerate over the coming months.
- New look and feel: Including the new logo which was designed to reflect out believe that digital thinking is an important part of the DNA of the insurance industry
- More to come: With our sponsors’ support we plan to launch a range of new and innovative content over the rest of the year.
It is a pleasure to be able to announce the launch of the new site with expanded content for our subscribers.
I’d like to give a huge and public thank you to Swiss Re for supporting the launch of the site and giving a vote of confidence in the direction we are taking.
With the support of sponsors like Swiss Re the site will go from strength to strength and provide better and more informative content to subscribers as well as occasional visitors. The corporate sponsorship means we can continue to create quality content for free – and that remains our long-term goal. We will be collaborating with Swiss Re on a couple of reports on digital insurance that will be launched later in the year.
The Digital Insurer will not trend to being a daily news publication. We will err on the side of “less is more” and aim to provide a strategic and non-technical view of the trends in digital insurance.
Email communication will be limited to once a quarter for the Quarterly Digest and the occasional important update – like this announcement. All other releases will be on social media – and you may wish to join our Linkedin group.
We have two researchers and a social media specialist on the team on a part-time basis and we are now able to actively look for additional editorial and journalistic support. At the same time we are actively seeking contributions from guest authors who want to write thought leadership pieces – let us know how you would like to contribute.
One final word on the new user experience on the website. We have introduced a 5 minute time limit to the new site to encourage new subscribers to join. As you have received this email you are a registered user and can login using the email address in this email. All users will be required to login just once after they have been on the site for 5 minutes – thereafter login will be optional as a cookie is used to store the fact that you are a registered user. I hope this small inconvenience is acceptable as we are determined to build the subscriber base – so we can stay in touch and learn what you think about digital insurance.