Ping An’s Pinnacle Research Lab is a joint initiative by the Ping An Technology Department and Singapore Management University (SMU). Launched in 2013 to expand Ping An’s R&D capabilities in order to further increase Ping An’s ability to
- segment its customer base
- identify purchasing patters and
- up-sell wealth management products
At Pinnacle, a team of researchers from SMU collaborates with Ping An Technology to mine social media user behaviour, keywords and engagement rates to refine Ping An’s offerings in real time.
Pinnacle Research Lab’s Key Value Proposition:
- To expand Ping An’s data mining capabilities and develop computational algorhythms for Ping An by innovating on the frontiers of structured and unstructured, data integration and algorithmic inferences to unleash the power of big data by providing stronger-than-ever support for all business units.
- To initiate the two-way talent exchange program between Ping An and the various research institutions, paving the way for both the near-term training of Ping An’s technical team and the long-term core technical competency build-up.
- To establish a data sharing platform with industry partners, and provide a wide range of real application channels of practical value for academic research results.
- To launch data mining collaboration and “closed-loop” user experimentation with industry partners whilst, completing the self-adaptive learning based on data analysis and mining algorithms.