Our November 2016 webinar had about 350 registrations from around the globe. This was our eighth webinar as part of our Digital Insurance in Action series, sponsored by KPMG. If you missed it, you can listen to the recording below.
We had 4 excellent speakers on our global panel of insurance professionals to discuss Data & Analytics from a Life & Health perspective :
- Torsten Duwenhorst, Partner from KPMG China explained the data & analytics essentials and presented a D&A framework.
- Dr. Hongjuan Liu, Director of Customer Analytics & Behavioral Insights, APAC from AEGON spoke about how D&A is key to understanding customers & how AEGON is using D&A within its business to drive sales and engagement.
- Alistair Wickens, CEO from Quealth (roadtohealth group) explained how Quealth is using data from wearables to change behaviours and prevent disease.
- Joe Van Niekerk, CIO from Vitality South Africa, Discovery Limited spoke about the Vitality model and how D&A is at the heart of what they do, with some impressive results.
The webinar concluded with a snap poll to participants who were asked the following question:
Which of the following best describes your current Data and Analytics program??
The results, although divided, showed that on aggregate, the majority of participants are having issues with their current D&A programme. Participants voted a roughly equal split on issues with data quality, skills shortages or being stuck at the business case stage. A very small minority voted that their current D&A programme was running smoothly and generating value.
- The majority of respondents (84 per cent) are experiencing issues with their current D&A programme;
- 29 per cent are experiencing issues with data quality;
- 24 per cent are experiencing issues with skills shortages;
- a further 29 per cent are stuck at the business case/executive sponsorship stage
- Only 7 percent of respondents said that their D&A programme was running smoothly and generating value
Our next webinar will be held in January 2017 – date and topic to be announced soon
Come to The Digital Insurer Conference in Hong Kong , or attend virtually, – more info
You can also access and listen to all of our webinars that we have held to date here.