Cigna gets digital
A short article looking at how Cigna in the United States is making some bold steps in deploying a well thought out digitally enable customer centric engagement strategy.
Digital engagement with the individual
Cigna has made a very public and strategic commitment to use digital technologies to become more customer centric. Some of the key points of this transformation that are in the public domain include ;
- Web portals that are optimised for mobile usage
- Launch of my Cigna Mobile App so policyholders can find doctors, access ID cards, view account balances, check on claims and compare drug prices. See demo
- Major branding investment in “Go You” a long term enagement strategy for individual customers . See example
- Deployment of iPads in the workplace to deliver “intelligence healthcare”
- Commitment to additional staffing to allow increased personalisation of the delivery of healthcare services
With 220,000 Facebook likes Cigna is clearly getting some traction and showing that, with a little imagination and a lot of strategic commitment, insurers can engage with their customers.
At the moment the transformation appears to be focused mainly on the United States but one would assume similar strategies will roll out in Asia in due course given Cigna’s public commitment to a global strategy.
Congratulations to CIGNA for making some bold steps towards a new way to engage with their customers.
Insurance Tech coverage of Cigna
Insurance Tech has done a great job tracking this story. The following articles are worth a read:
A request to forum subscribers
If anyone is able to download the App from the US store and has the time can they send a few choice screenshots to The Digital Insurer and I will update this post so they can be shared with the forum.