The Digital Insurer is working together to accelerate the digital transformation of insurance. We provide free content and information on how digital thinking and technology impact the insurance industry, with a focus on startups as well as established market players.
We have grown rapidly since inception in 2012 and what started as an online blog has now become the largest global knowledgebase on digital insurance with a community of more than 30,000.
We are looking for an Asia Senior Reporter to help support the growth of our business.
The Asia Senior Reporter role will involve the following:
- Researching and producing written articles around digital insurance in Asia to support our content partnerships in the region
- Working alongside commercial partners to produce co-authored articles on digital insurance in Asia
- Conducting interviews and video interviews as necessary (no technical experience of video production required)
- Providing additional content production capabilities for the benefit of our digital insurance coverage as necessary
- Liaising with our specialist content producers when necessary e.g. To produce infographics
The role will report to our Editor & Publisher, Martin Kornacki, who is based in London.
The role is part-time initially. However, for the right candidate, a full-time role may be considered in the future. Remuneration will likely be on a per article basis initially moving to a retained basis once the workload is understood.
Type of person we are looking for/Key skills and experience:
- Experience of research and analysis – in insurance/business/finance an advantage
- Experience of the Asian insurance market or an excellent understanding of digital insurance issues a strong benefit
- Able to translate complex subject matter into tight, interesting, readable copy and video, and to create articles of interest on a variety of topics (Technical aspects of production are handled by an in-house team)
- Desire to engage with subject matter experts e.g. Conduct interviews, generate ideas for future content
- Creative approach to content and desire to experiment with all forms of content, including written, infographics, video and audio
- Highly organised, self-motivated and with strong English written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Mandarin is a benefit but not a necessity
- Must be able to work flexibly with various internal stakeholders and across time zones
- Strong attention to detail and ability to turn things around quickly and accurately to the deadline
- Comfortable working with a high degree of autonomy and within a virtual team
- Insurance experience and/or knowledge of insurance industry advantage, and will need to be developed further in the role
The Benefits To You
- Improve your professional profile and become known as a Digital Insurance Expert in a global multi-trillion dollar industry.
- Become part of the core team at The Digital Insurer, and collaborate with people fully committed to the transformation of the insurance industry.
- Make unparalleled Industry connections.
- As a virtual based role, we are flexible on your location and hours of work.
- You will be part of modern virtual business, with an international team.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a CV and cover letter with examples of previous work to our Editor and Publisher Martin Kornacki – email@example.com
We are actively hiring for this role.