Chubb’s PRS Digital Transformation
Chubb Personal Risk Services (PRS) designed a roadmap for its digital approach anchored to the
belief that “Service as a Product” is the foundation of our strategy for promoting successful
individuals and families. PRS drives to embed digital technology end to end in our services to
deliver on demand availability and multichannel access in support of our Client’s lifestyles.
Our commitment for Digital transformation and innovation is visible across all the PRS digital
platforms. In March 2018, we delivered our first Chubb Mobile app release, and using Agile
methodology - we were able to quickly enhance it and create a first in class mobile app offering
by Q1 2019. Complementing the Chubb Mobile app in supporting our unique position in the high
net worth marketplace, are our Client and Agent Portals. These portals deliver similarly robust
digital capabilities, including:-
- Policy information: one click access to auto ID cards / proof of insurance, policy forms,
activity and documents
- Client value-add services, personalized by Client segment
- Risk inspection reports and recommendations
- Billing details including the ability to make and manage payments
- Claims Center which allows reporting new claims online, claim status and history
- Notifications providing timely policy, billing and claims alerts that can be received by
email, SMS or push notifications on mobile devices
- Transactional self-service and additional resources for Agents
Digital Innovation - Catastrophe Services Center
Chubb's Catastrophe Services Center is available to Clients as part of Chubb Mobile, and to
Agents within our Agent Service Portal. This platform offers the following capabilities:
1) Catastrophe tracker that empowers Client and Agent users to see if covered properties are
at risk from major events like hurricanes, wildfires or earthquakes. It includes a map view
of all covered Client home locations and if an event is nearby, information like storm
path, wildfire location and earthquake severity is displayed on the same map view. For
each covered location, relevant coverage information is displayed.
2) Client eligibility and enrollment status for our Catastrophe services – Wild Fire Defense
and Property Manager. Client have the ability for one click enrollment in these services
from the app.
With Chubb's Wildfire Defense Services (WDS), we work with one of the most
experienced companies in the industry, as well as local, state or federal agencies. This
service helps monitor and protect Clients’ home before, during and after a wildfire.
When needed, WDS perform precautionary measures on Clients’ home and will provide
periodic updates on home conditions while the property is under threat.
Chubb Property Manager (CPM) is a complimentary service that provides assistance if
Clients’ home suffers damage from hurricane-force winds. Like Wildfire Defense we
can assist our clients before, during and after a storm by providing services like home
inspections, property conditions reports, quick claims submissions and short term repair
to limit damage.
3) In the event of wildfire, Agents will have access to periodically updated status on WDS
efforts by property location to keep them informed as they assist their Clients.
4) For Agents, map and list views of Client locations are displayed on an interactive map.
They are able to view Client contact and policy information for any selected locations or
(in list view) a group of locations. Lists of Client information can be exported to MS
Excel for use as a call sheet, for follow up on enrollments, etc.
5) Agents can also easily email Clients in impacted areas from the Catastrophe Tracker
platform. For instance, they will be able to apply filters to result sets based WDS or
CPM enrollment status, and send saved email templates with instructions on how to
6) Notifications: If monitored events are near a covered location, notifications will be sent
as a proactive communication informing Clients and Agents of potential risks so they can
keep alert and track progress through their Chubb online accounts. Clients will receive
alerts via push notifications on their mobile device and Agents will receive email and
Agent Alerts on the Agent Portal.
7) Preparedness tips: As part of the Catastrophe Services Center, comprehensive resources
will be available to both Clients and Agents with preparedness and planning tips by
varying types of Catastrophes. This will include links to both Chubb and government
sites for hurricane, wildfire, earthquake and flood checklists and information.
This product is a unique offering that is currently not available in any of our major competitor
digital platforms. Feedback of demonstrations to select Agents has been overwhelmingly
positive, and this platform is seen as an impactful tool to provide unique information and
improve service during very stressful events.
This product will help differentiate the Chubb experience for both Clients and Agents, and
demonstrates our commitment for exceptional value and service to our clients and agents through
Both Client and Agent versions of the Catastrophe Service Center (except notifications and
select email features) are expected to be available Q3 of 2019. Notifications and enhanced send-
an-email features (for Agent users) are expected to be accessible Q4 2019.